Saturday, June 27, 2009

I think I am losing it

Ok so I am doing my best to go with the flow but I have to admit its not been easy. I am wondering why we moved here, its been between 90 and 96 degrees, with the humidity it feels like 100 to 106, you open the door and it hits you like a brick wall. Not even 5 minutes and the sweat is dripping down your back, 10 minutes and your clothing is sopping wet, 15 minutes your feet slosh in your shoes and your eyes start to sting from the salt dripping into them, and no I wont mention the rash under my boobs!! . I know I stink, but since I have decided to set a limit of two showers a day I am just going to have to wait. I clean the stalls just before one of my showers as it’s a oven in there. And yet, I keep the horses in the barn because at least the flies are less in there then out in the fields. Speaking of flies, never in my whole life have I seen a horse flies the likes of the ones that live in this neck of the woods. I think I will rope one of those bad boys and just saddle it up, that is of course unless my saddle is to small for them.

Now if the heat is not bad enough, I have for the first time in my life , poison ivy, ring worm, you heard me, ring worm and my ankles are almost raw from scratching as a result of being bit by chiggers! What in the world are chiggers!!!! Tell me, why why why do we have ticks, snakes, horse flies and now chiggers, I see no good in any of theses and I want to know why! Oh and the other night on the front porch as I was talking to a friend on the phone I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. Something big and fast was scurrying all around the porch, I’m thinking a mutant bug of sorts, but to be honest, I could not take a closer look for fear I would lose my mind. When I saw it crawl up the side of Joel’s boot my first thought was huh, serves him right for moving me to this inferno !

Even the dogs are having a hard time, I ask them if they want to go out and they get all excited, we walk out the door and bam, they just stop, turn and stare at me. What , go pee then you can get back in. I try to take them for walks in the early morning because if it does not happen then its not going to happen. For those who know me you know how much I love mornings so you wont quite believe this but the other day I was already mowing the lawn at 7am you heard that right, 7 in the morning.

Now I would love to post this on the blog but I don’t have internet !!!!, again, and I think I am going to have a little nutty. I tell myself its ok it will be back soon , you should not be so obsessed with the internet but that’s all I have between me and the civilized world. Ok I am exaggerating but come on!!! cant I at least have my internet.

Ok I am going to take a deep breath, call the internet people and beg, then I am going to go and hose down the horses, then with great pleasure am going to grab the bottle of spray I bought and attempt to distinguish between the poison Ivy and real plants, I am going to kill each and every plant I find, I am going to take aim and laugh in its face, that my friends will make me feel much better. Not sure what that says about me but o-well.

1 comment: